[Ferguson-dna] Jacob Ferguson and Elizabeth Dubose

Colin Ferguson colin.fergie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:23:12 CST 2016

Elizabeth DuBose Ferguson, widow of the late Rev. Jacob Ferguson, died
1 Sep 1865. According to her obituary, she was survived by 8 children,
61 grandchildren and 4 great-grandchildren. [Ref: The Fortenberry
Family, Facebook]

Jacob and Elizabeth had a son Robert Henry Ferguson about whom we know
very little. He is mention in Elizabeth's obituary as having
predeceased her. A Robert H Ferguson is granted land in Butler Co., AL
(011N - 014E NE¼ SW¼ 30) in 02 Feb 1852 which is adjacent to land held
by Jacob Ferguson. In Jacob's will written Dec 24 1852 no mention is
made of Robert.
http://files.usgwarchives.net/al/butler/wills/ferguson.txt

According to handwritten notes submitted to the CFSNA genealogist back
in 1988, Robert was born 30 Nov 1825, married Eliza Franklin and had
two children, Thomas Ferguson and Napolian (Nappie) Ferguson.
http://thistleandbee.com/pdfs/doran.pdf

We know that Jacob's yDNA is R-756 because he is a descendant of John
Ferguson and Ann Stubbleson. The brick wall for kit 286879 is Napolean
B Ferguson b.~1843 MS and coincidentally he too is R-756. We have
recently shown that kit 454668 is a yDNA descendant of John Ferguson
and Ann Stubbleson. I just now discovered that kits 286879 and 454668
are distant matches in the GEDMATCH database, is that too a
coincidence?

If Napolean B Ferguson b.~1843 MS and Napolian (Nappie) Ferguson are
one and the same then kit 286879 should have a match to someone known
to descend from Jacob Ferguson and Elizabeth Dubose. To that end, have
any descendants done autosomal testing at 23andMe, Ancestry or FTDNA?

===
Colin