[Ferguson-dna] Autosomal Roll Call

Michael Ayers michael at terminalia.org
Sat Apr 15 12:54:21 CDT 2017

Hi Colin,

I am just outside the 2nd-great GF requirement, but my 3rd
great grandfather was:

1.  Isaac Ferguson, b. about 1796 in Sunbury County, New
Brunswick, d. 1869 Pembroke, Genesee County, NY

I have around 60-70 autosomal matches that I have confirmed
to be inherited from that branch of my tree, and a long
analyses of those data lead me to identify Isaac's spouse's
previously-unknown family name, with adequate certainty, and
to develop a theory, which I now believe to be correct, that
Isaac's father was named William, and that his grandparents
were:

2. Ellijah Ferguson b. 1730, Fishkill, Dutchess County d.
~1776, Dutchess County, NY and Ruth DeLong (1737-1819)

That would probably place my Ferguson line in the Scotts
Branch III group. I have already compared against few people
from that group using GEDmatch, and I do share some DNA with
at least some of them, though it is just below the usual
threshold to be listed as a match. The best autosomal
matches I have (which would confirm Elijah and Ruth as my
ancestors) are all on AncestryDNA, which stubbornly refuses
to release matching segment data, as you already know. I
have requested all of them to upload to GEDmatch, but they
have not logged in to their accounts for a long time, so
they have not seen that request. Grrrrr....

I have three (equivalent) GEDmatch kits, under the name of
Michael Ayers:

3. T315427; M004418; A663174

Thanks for all of your dedicated efforts!

Cheers,
Michael

--
The Tour of Gondwana