[Ferguson-dna] Suggestions for Using Gedmatch

Sharon Clark clarksha at verizon.net
Wed Apr 19 09:55:03 CDT 2017

 Hi Don,

I had never thought about using the Lazarus Tool for finding information regarding distant ancestors. I tried it once for my parents who passed away long before I got interested in autosomal DNA.  Are you saying that if you used the Lazarus Tool with several descendants of a common ancestor born, say,  in the 1600s, we could find out autosomal DNA information about them?  That would be awesome.  I thought one had to use close relatives for this tool.

Thank you so much for telling us about this.

Best wishes,
Sharon Clark
Fort Worth, TX