[Ferguson-dna] DNA Day Sale

Colin Ferguson colin.fergie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:59:54 CDT 2017

>Is there anything that Big Y will tell us that we don't already know?

Chuck,
In your case it will tell us how our Ferguson descendants from John
Ferguson of Cherry Walk fit into this tree:
http://www.ytree.net/DisplayTree.php?blockID=812

Our descendants of John Ferguson of Cherry Walk fit into three categories:
1. son John (1685-1769) who married Sarah Gatewood
2. grandson James (1715-) who married Agnes Adams
3. grandson William (1736-) who married Annie Henderson

You would serve as a benchmark for (3) and if one person from each of
(1) and (2) to follow suit we would hope to find:
A. SNP unique to descendants of John of Cherry walk
B. SNP to unique to each of the tree lines above

One of the outstanding questions for persons in Haplogroup: R1b > L21
> L1065 > S764 >S756 Scots Branch II; are all involved descended from
a single immigrant ancestor and is that John of Cherry Walk? We might
be able to eventually answer that.

Colin