[Ferguson-dna] Gedmatch upload

Sharon Clark clarksha at verizon.net
Fri Apr 21 20:41:25 CDT 2017

Hi Matt,

I have your folks in my database.  Years ago I corresponded with Shirley Doran who used to be the Clan Genealogist for Clan Fergusson, and these are her Fergusons. Your John Ferguson was said to have brothers named William and Daniel.  Shirley's folks lived in Albemarle Co., VA at one time, and she was interested in my William Ferguson who married Catherine Gilmore 1793 in Albemarle Co., VA. There was also a Daniel Ferguson in Albemarle Co., VA who I believe was closely related to my William because Daniel was a witness and also a bondsman for some of the sisters of Catherine Gilmore. Shirley Doran was also interested in this Daniel.  Shirley's folks moved to Missouri.

There is a gentleman in the Y-DNA project who is a descendant of your Fergusons, but I can't think of his name.  I know his name has Leonard in it.  He is in Branch II of the Scots group, and is a fairly good match with my distant cousin, Rick Ferguson.

The following kits are all descendants of William Ferguson who married Catherine Gilmore in Albemarle Co., VA:

T184617

Jacqui Gray

my daughter

T595567

Sharon Clark

me

T717897

Grady R Moore

my paternal 1st  cousin

T850609

Madi Hill

my granddaughter -  Jacqui's daughter

A496977

Grayson Hill

my grandson

A350695

Jackson Hill

my grandson

T512468

Tommy Shaw

my son

T963401

Mina March  Bickerstaff

my sister

T051060

Kay Clark

my sister

T569380

William Perry Clark

my brother

A804904

Gayle Bickerstaff

my niece - Mina's  daughter

T862434

Jerry Trotter

my dad's maternal 1st  cousin

 When your results are fully processed at Gedmatch, look for any of these numbers and also look for any kit administered by Bette Brownlow. Her late son, Brett David Ferguson, participated in the  Y-DNA project (and is a close to my Rick Ferguson).  Brett passed away a few years ago, but his sister, father, and nephew had their DNA tested, and I believe all of them are on Gedmatch. His sister is Stephanie Ferguson and the dad's name is Gerald Ferguson.  The nephew might be Travis, but I don't recall his surname. Maybe Bristol.  They should match you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Sharon Clark