[Ferguson-dna] John Fergusoun and Janet Trumble

Colin Ferguson colin.fergie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 10:58:50 CST 2017

Their marriage is recorded in the parish register for Gargunnock,
Stirlingshire as follows:

"proclamation of bands were made between John Fergusoun and Janet
Trumble both parish inorg and were married the 24 of January 1640
year"

The Testament Dative and Inventory of Johne Fergusone of Gargunnock is
recorded 9 Feb 1662, Stirling Commissary Court. It mentions wife
Jonnet Trumbol and children Jno, Agnes and Jonnet. He might have died
in the month of March 1657 but I am not sure because the handwriting
is difficult to read being in the old Scotish style.

Their daughter Janet was baptised chr 26 Dec 1640, Gargunnock.
Their daughter Jean was baptised chr 22 May 1643, Gargunnock.
Their son John was baptised 23 Mar 1649, Gargunnock.

I could not find a record of daughter Agnes' baptism.