[Ferguson-dna] DNA Testing with Ancestry

clarksha clarksha at verizon.net
Thu Mar 16 08:40:44 CDT 2017

Hi Sherry,
His results can be transferred. Ancestry only does autosomal tests now. Tell him to pay $19 so he will show up on all of his matches match list. If he had a Y-DNA test several years ago, I haven't heard anything about being able to transfer those.
Best wishes, Sharon

-------- Original message --------From: Sherri Draper via Ferguson-dna <ferguson-dna at cfsna.net> Date: 3/15/17  9:16 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: ferguson-dna at cfsna.net Cc: Sherri Draper <mytngenes at gmail.com> Subject: [Ferguson-dna] DNA Testing with Ancestry
Colin, if a Ferguson has tested with Ancestry.com can their results be "transferred" to Family Tree DNA?

I've been corresponding with Buddy Furguson of TX who is also a descendant of my Toliver Ferguson of TN who went to TX. Is there a way to have his results compared with mine and with those whose FT DNA results closely match with me?

Thanks,
Sherri