[Ferguson-dna] DNA Testing with Ancestry

William Kidd exdeokidd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 09:00:31 CDT 2017

Hi Sherry,

Another consideration for the two of you is uploading your results to gedmatch.com at no cost to either of you. The challenge, getting up to speed on the tools and results display. I initially started with ancestry, transferred to FTDNA, and ultimately uploaded to gedmatch.com given the amount of others doing the same. It would seem the matches have slowed down over the years in regards to FTDNA and have considerably increased at ancestry (result of advertising), along with their tools becoming better. Each site brings a good set of their own tools, but they are only useful to the extent of where people are testing at those sites. Just another resource to consider.

Best Regards,

William Kidd

Sent from my iPhone